Happy Wednesday! I am so glad I waited until after lunch to write my post. I woke up this morning cranky and unmotivated, but forced myself to get my 4 mile speed-work in at lunch and wow do I feel GREAT now! My IT band has been super tight after Saturday’s long run, so I was worried about it, but two days of rest, excessive amounts of icing and lots of foam rolling and I’m feeling almost normal. Crazy what RICE does for you.
Last night I caught myself in a little bit of a binge, but I was glad I recognized it, voiced it to some friends, and moved on. It made me wake up in a grouchy, “hungover” mood! Stupid food and the power it has over us! The rest of my day is going to include an upper body workout, running to pick up the new quest bar (!!!), shoveling, and packing my little heart out.
Anyway, I am blogging because Monday night I made these delicious muffins that I adapted from Anne over at fannetasticfood.com. Here’s my recipe below:
Quinoa Banana Muffins – Makes 24 small muffins
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup peanut flour (I get mine at iherb. Use my code PBR654 for $5-10 off!)
- ½ cup protein powder (I used Plant Fusion Vanilla Bean from iherb)
- 1 T cinnamon
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t sea salt
- ¾ cup egg whites
- 4 very ripe bananas
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a smaller separate bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- Add wet to dry and stir until combined.
- Spoon evenly into two greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes. Fork test.
Note: Mine kind of burned around the edges. It didn’t affect the flavor at all, but they were super dark. Next time, I am going to bake them at 350 for a little longer and see if that helps. I’ll update this if needed.
Enjoy and let me know if you try them! 🙂