Hey! It’s Monday, which means I’m sleepy, grouchy, sick of the weather, etc. But, first let’s back up to this weekend! Friday after work, I headed straight to Omaha to pick up my sister-in-law MB and we headed to Kansas City for a girls weekend! We went straight to our hotel, the Fairfield Inn, which I was able to book for $109/night on Priceline! It was super nice and 1.9 miles from Power & Light District and 2 miles from the Plaza! It was perfect. And $109 is SO cheap because the NCAA March Madness tourney was in town! I couldn’t believe I got such a good deal. Anyway, we dropped our stuff off and decided we were going to just get some dinner and have a couple of drinks. Well…that turned into us partying until 1:30! I can’t remember the last time we did that! It basically ruined any chance of going out on Saturday night haha! Saturday, we woke up and had breakfast and then I worked out while MB napped. I got ready and we headed to the Plaza for a little H&M action! I was sooo excited to go! We didn’t even get through half of the first floor! Saturday night we laid low because 1) we were still feeling the effects of Friday night and 2) it was a blizzard outside! Yup, end of March in Kansas City. Craziness. Sunday I drove the long drive back home.
Now it’s Monday, I’m draggin ass and I’m sick of it. Here’s where my title comes in. I am so sick of making excuses as to why I’m not reaching my goals. Candy here, sugar there. Pop, artificial colors, flavors etc. are making me sick! I feel like crap ALL the time and I’m so, so tired of it! I seriously need to just stop. STOP. I can’t take it anymore. It’s making me depressed and cranky and no one wants to be around someone like that. So I’m done. No more shit. Today, Nate and I are starting the Jamie Eason Live Fit trainer again and I’m excited to actually eat the meals too!! It’s going to be tough because I need to make sure I’m eating enough protein and not all of the refined crap, but I want to reach my goals and I need to be strict! I also am going to be eating 5 meals a day. This is SO hard for me because I love my big portions!!! This will be major portion control for me and the no snacking is going to be tough, but I REALLY want a six pack this summer and the diet is what’s gonna do it for me. So here we go!
Meal 1 – Naked Green Machine – I know this is low in protein and high in sugar, but I needed my greens and had no food in the house due to being gone all weekend!!
Meal 2 – Half of a quest bar. I can never eat an entire one again! They have soooo much fiber haha! But I think I am going to do this for meals 2 & 4 from now on. Just do half each meal. They keep me pretty full!!
Not sure what the rest of the meals will be. We’ll see!
Well, I’m outta here.
Good morning! Well, actually it hasn’t been the best morning. I had to be at the North YMCA to take Mary Ann’s GRIT class while she taped. This is the third day in a row I’ve had to do GRIT full out. I am sore to say the least. Anyway, when I went outside, Amber was parked behind me so I scrambled looking for her keys, moved her car and hopped in mine. We have a small retaining wall along our driveway (only on my side) and I have hit it before scratching the shit out of my car. Well, I did it again this morning and I took a couple of the cinder blocks with my on the way out of the driveway, lifting up the right side of my bumper (which was already off balance from Nate hitting our friend’s car). UGH. My pretty car is all jacked up now! Nate said to get an estimate right away. I love not having a car payment, but that usually means having car shop bills instead! But this was just stupid of me. Moving on.
Sunday I did my first taping for my GRIT certification. I messed up on the first song and then my video taper accidentally knocked over the camera so I had to re-tape. No big deal. I was much more confident the second time around! I taped again yesterday morning at 5:30 and I am definitely sending that one in! I hope they accept it! 🙂 I was so sore yesterday morning, but somehow my adrenaline pushed me through it! I love the feeling of teaching a class. I get that “runner’s high” but instead it’s a “teacher’s high”. I love it!
So anyway, Mary Ann taped this morning and she didn’t bring the cord to plug her camera in and it died half way through. We didn’t know that until the end, so she is re-taping on Friday. I feel so bad because this is her 3rd time and she did SO well this morning! 3rd time will be the charm!
I am trying to get Nate back into the gym again because I love his confidence when he works out! So, we will probably do Jamie Eason’s Live Fit Trainer because it’s structured and he needs that. Be ready to see me get buff! 😉
Well, that’s enough rambling for one day. I’ll be back soon.
1. Powerade Zero. I know this doesn’t have the best of ingredients, but it doesn’t have aspartame (which my body REALLY hates) and it helps me get my fluids in! I just recently found this Strawberry flavor, and it may take over my previous #1 Mixed Berry.
2. Two words. Blend Retreat. I can even contain my excitement for this event! My bestie and roomie Amber is going with me and I finally get to meet my fav blogger Janetha! I have learned SO much from this girl! She is putting on the event with two other bloggers, Lindsay and Katie. It’s being held in Park City, UT this year and my awesome husband bought both my plane ticket and Amber’s! He’s the bomb.
3. GRIT. Have you heard of the new Les Mills GRIT Series? It’s freaking intense. I did the two-day training back in January and now I have to teach the class to a group of people while being video-taped! I then have to send in the video for critiquing and that’s how I get my certification! So, on Sunday, that’s what I’m doing. With my foot being so shit-tastic, I’ve taken the last 3 weeks off from any jumping at all. So, I’m just hoping I can get through all the ridiculous plyometrics WHILE teaching and motivating the people in my class. Should be interesting, but I am excited to start teaching the class!!
4. Spin shoes! I finally bought myself a pair. I had NO clue what size to get since most of them are in European sizing, but I found a bunch of sizing charts online and thought 40.5 would be perfect for my size 9 shoe. Well I was WAY off. I got them in the mail last night and they are so tiny! I am super bummed. I was excited to teach spin in them tomorrow! I think I am going to go up to a 41.5 and fingers crossed they work!
5. TRUTH. 22 Signs You’re Kind Of, Sort Of Becoming a Grown Up. I posted this on my facebook page a couple days ago, but seriously I can relate with every one of them. Please take a few minutes to read it!
That’s all I’ve got for today. I am hoping I can make this a regular thing. We’ll see J Happy Friday!